January 28, 2014

Unfortunate news today peeps. The only color of cereal in the cupboard right now is various shades of beige and brown. NO COLOR WHATSOEVER!!! come on people, is that the cereal cupboard of a cancer patient I ask you???

You know you have a pretty darned good life when the thing that makes you the most distressed during the day is that your amazing niece and nephew send you the fourth season of Downton Abbey, straight from the UK and that you have a big decision to make Missy!

I sit here in my lovely recliner which was hauled downstairs and placed in the best spot in the family room by Holly and Ike whilst I was laid up "in hospital". Thats how they say it in the UK. I am sure my poor kids are scared of me getting MEAN through this next year and so for now, I tell you they are more stellar than ever before and that's saying something.  I am absolutely spoiled by everyone in my world. I still have times where this is not at all real, where I just go "how did I get here"?  t is like I am watching a movie about someone else.  I mean, I got a letter from Hannah Lartey today clear from the doitschland! (I sounded that one out obvi!) I call that a score for me!!

Had some interesting experiences in the hospital, at AF Utah. But I shall not bore you with them. I have some awesome surgeons I tell you. They are young and the BEST from all I have gathered. You know  you are in good hands when even the dietary employees are giving you a thumbs up on your Docs.  I am grateful, very grateful to both of them, to their commitment to medicine, to their specialties, their ability to drop the ego's and work like the amazing team they are all to help me. A big shout out to my Radiologist Dr. McClellan, for sticking me back in that Mammo mammoth over and over till he saw what hid from the other Mammogram ninja's. I often think if another Doc had been there, would he have gone back and looked as hard as mine did? Don't know.

Finally,  I am a die hard lover of the Family Medicine Doctors of the world.  They do not get the recognition they deserve.They are in the trenches with us. They get things rolling, and get us to the docs who can best help us.  I love my Doctor to pieces! Speaking of Doctors, my surgeon just called me with the call I have been waiting and waiting for, and guess what?? She was HAPPY! Out of twenty lymph nodes she removed, only ONE had cancer!! This is extremely awesome news! Whoo HOOOOO!!!!

I have a wonderful life:)

4 comments:

  1. You are so awesome. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heck. best news ever. think about you alot. When can i come by and bring you some colorful cereal? because the brown stuff...WILL NOT DO. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such good news. so so so so so so happy

    ReplyDelete