March 6, 2014

I am coming right out and freely admitting  to the world that I love TV!!!  I have never once in my life said the words I hear repeatedly on and on and on "I don't have time for TV"  I secretly think some of you are saying a big fat lie! Anyway, of course there have been times that I did not see Oprah for like four years or something, and that I didn't watch Greys till they were in season 5 or Friday Night Lights till all five seasons were on DVD but, I am saying that I like them! They let me escape a little. I am not so much the spiritual giant that you might think I am. When I was in the hospital, I turned on the TV when I was conscious enough and never turned it off, not once in a million days. I kept it on with no sound if I was actually allowed to sleep which was extremely rare. It was  no ones fault that I was never left alone for more than 20 minutes in sixteen days, when they are taking really good care of you and doing everything on earth to help you get well, it is very time consuming.  I did have one errant IV pump that I swear to you, for 24 hours just went off about every 20 minutes and I tell you I got so psycho that I just about took that pump out and the three others with it!  It was awful! I was in there all during the Olympics which were just as boring as can be but my side-kick Greg, liked them so I just sort of zoned.  He was the best. You guys don't even know how amazing my husband is cause he is quiet and sort of scary. He has taken over my life, cause I cant make my brain work yet. He is the bestest ever and I adore him. Anyway, today I was at my Oncologist and they were scheduling all these different appts. for me and then they highlighted the dates and the page was like a WHOLE PAGE and that was the moment I knew I was getting better (from the hospital) cause I looked at it and exclaimed rather loudly "Oh my gosh, I must have cancer!" Made 'em laugh down there in the Chemo zone.  Hey...I didn't see any TV's in there!

4 comments:

  1. I love your TV watching self and have you (and Emily) to thank for some of my most favorite shows-Big Bang, Modern Family, etc. Still sending prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too hiliarious, Joanna. Coming out as a tv watcher takes real courage. Yes, of course most of us have our favorite shows we somehow manage to find time for - not quite celestial material at this point. I hope you realize what a blessing you are to so many people. Your humor is just a cover for your courage. Love you dearly.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would dearly love to just sit and watch TV with you sometime-I even think it would be fun to watch CURLING! (because we both would be watching together at the same time. so even something mundane and slow-moving like curling could be fun. and also because I am an adopted Canadian. that's all I have to say about that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay to watch TV without the volume. No one will judge you for that. I'm sure you make everyone laugh at the clinics you go to. You always make ME laugh. I love your blog. I could read your stuff forever. You are an inspiration to me. ♡

    ReplyDelete